Through outreach, SWAP takes services directly into the community to reach people where they are most comfortable.
The SWAP Outreach van is active on the streets between the hours of 8:30 p.m. and 1:00 a.m. offering condoms, bad date sheets, counselling, crisis intervention and support.
Youth Outreach offers help to sexually exploited youth, youth-at-risk and their families through support, advocacy, crisis response and links to other services.
HIV Outreach provides intensive support to individuals diagnosed with HIV and those at-risk including:
- accessing health care providers, attending appointments and following through with the health care needs.
- meeting basic needs including food security and housing.
- helping with legal matters, attending appointments with lawyers, probation officers, and court.
Raising Hope – Moving Families Forward offers 24/7 residential support and programming for women who have an active addiction and are pregnant or who have recently had a baby, including supported housing, pre-natal and parenting supports and assistance with addressing addictions.
Drop-in Centre & Support Services
The SWAP Drop-In Centre at 1355 Albert Street is open Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Centre provides a safe and welcoming environment where staff is available to provide services including:
- counselling, advocacy, court support, crisis intervention, housing supports, transportation to appointments,
- help to access other community services
- access to a phone, computer and internet
- community events and gatherings
Life Skills & Employment Development
Life skills are essential skills needed to make healthy choices. This includes building positive relationships, increasing self-awareness and confidence, communication, nutrition and managing money. The SWAP Life Skills Program provides both group learning and one-on-one coaching to support participants to prepare for employment or further education.
Wanting to find employment? This 21 week program focuses on building employment skills and work experience. The program includes in-class sessions, work assessment and work placements.